With 7,107 islands comprising the Philippines Archipelago, you know you are in for a treat when you visit the Philippines. There is so much to see and do in this country located in Southeast Asia. Here are the top reasons why you must visit the Philippines.
- One of the friendliest and hospitable people in the world. Everyone will welcome you with a smile, and will not hesitate to help you out.
- You do not need an English-Filipino to travel around the Philippines. Although the Philippines has about 175 languages and dialects, English is widely spoken and understood.
- The Filipinos love to eat, and if you are a foodie, you will love Filipino food. You must try lechon, adobo, kare kare, sinigang, kinilaw, and crispy pata. For those who enjoy unusual food, you must have your fill of dinuguan, balut, kwek kwek, adidas, and isaw.
- Trek to Mt. Pinatubo’s crater. A dormant volcano until it erupted in 1991, Mt. Pinatubo’s eruption was felt worldwide. After it eruption, its caldera was filled with water from monsoon rains, forming a crater lake. It has since become a tourist attraction especially for hikers and trekkers.
- Spend a few days in Boracay Island. In 2012, Travel + Leisure magazine named Boracay “the best island in the world”. Its white sand beaches will lure you, and its night life will make you want to stay forever.
- Fly to Palawan which will awe you with its natural wonders, pristine white beaches, and unique flora and fauna. El Nido, Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park and Coron are a must visit.
- Enjoy the cool breeze when you visit Banaue Rice Terraces that were carved into the mountains by the Ifugao tribe about 2,000 years ago. Filipinos claim it to be the “8th Wonder of the World”.
- Be up close and personal with a whale shark in Donsol. Whale sharks converge in the Donsol bay from November through June, the best time to snorkel and say hello to whale sharks! Don’t forget to take pictures.
- With more than 1,260 hills looking like chocolate mounds, the Chocolate Hills of Bohol is a sight to behold. You can also enjoy activities such as bike zip lining and ATV rides.
- Partying in Manila. There are so many bars and clubs where you can party in Manila. Get ready to dance, groove or drink up! You can also sing your heart out in one of the Karaoke bars that dot the city.
Get ready to have fun in the Philippines. It is an amazing country with 7,107 reasons why you must visit it soon!